Friday, June 1, 2012

Trade

On December 6th, I entered a short position when SPX was around 1245-55 (don't recall.) I just got out today when SPX was around 1284. Although I didn't post it, I added to this position at 1330, when it first got there.

I've learned that on a scale of 1-10, my sell discipline is a 1. Instead of getting out with gains (which I had decent ones at two points), I held this position all the way to 1420 on SPX. I was lucky prices came down this much. Net, I had a 6% loss, exacerbated by the ETF leverage decay. Not my biggest loss, but definitely my worse trade ever.

In the past, when I was net profiting trading, it was because I was doing it full time and my buying discipline was good enough to compensate for the poor selling, which has gotten worse with lack of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment